Ahhh chicken enchiladas!!! If you haven’t noticed, I’m a sucker for Mexican! Always so much flavor and so delicious!!! I came across this recipe and just had to try it out! Eating clean and healthy doesn’t have to be boring that is for sure 🙂
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I cooked mine in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, then shredded)
1- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 large onion, diced
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
10 yellow corn tortillas
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cups of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 packet of Stevia
1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and diced onion. Stir occassionally. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes (don’t drain them) to the onions. Cover and simmer on low until the tomatoes start falling apart. Mine took about 10-15 minutes.
- During this time, spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take your tortillas and place a couple of them between two damp paper towels and microwave until soft. I did 3-4 at a time and microwaved for 30-45 seconds. This will help make the tortillas soft enough to roll without ripping.
- In each tortilla, fill with a little bit of cheese and chicken. I did enough chicken to fill the tortilla and about a tbsp of cheese. Roll your tortillas up and place in your 9×13 pan.
- Return to your sauce and add the salsa, greek yogurt, stevia and sea salt. Allow it to simmer for a minute or two.
- Place sauce in a blender until smooth and then immediately pour over enchiladas.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
If you are following the 21 Day Fix: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, and 1 blue for TWO enchiladas