Goodness my family is big into pasta.. So I am always on the lookout for healthy but delicious pasta recipes– if you’re like me too, look no further!!! Give them healthy baked penne a try next time you’re craving Italian!!
- 1 box Whole Wheat Penne
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- 1/2 lb Ground Meat or Meat Substitute
- 1/2 c Italian Cheese blend
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare penne according to box.
- While penne is cooking, brown meat.
- Once meat and penne is done, combine in a large mixing bowl.
- Add parmesan, sauce, vinegar, honey, seasoning and garlic and mix.
- Pour into a large casserole dish and top with Italian Cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
If you are following the fix plan it is also 1 purple container (the marinara sauce), 1 red container (the meat), 1 yellow container (the pasta) and 1 blue container (the cheese).